Growing The Growers Filming Trip 2010

Diary with pictures of our trip to the USA and England to meet with people that have successfully encouraged more people to garden and farm organically

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Catching up at last

We have finally reached White Post Virgina the home of our dear friends Winkie and Mathew Mackay-Smith. Lots more about them later. We have had two days rest after a punishing schedule on the east coast of the United States and I am finally starting to catch up with photo filing and editing. I have gathered my thoughts, found some fast internet and will start where we left off at Meg and Jimmy's in Yucca Valley.
We left the four of them after dinner and drove back to Ontario to sleep in a hotel near the airport ready for an early flight out to San Francisco the next morning. The drive was into both the setting sun and a solid three lanes of head lights. Exhausting! So it was with great relief that we deposited our hire car and trundled into the hotel.
I have been carting my bathers around with me in the mistaken hope that I could put in half an hour of lap swimming most mornings while we were away. Somehow the plan has been thwarted at every turn, however when we reached our room and I got stuck into all the signage and hotel printouts I discovered that the Red Roof had a pool and spa. So down to the ground floor, into my swimmers and a quick plunge into an small freezing outdoor pool. My splash generated a round of applause from a small group in the spa who thought that the resident Aussie was quite off her head and no, Mike was not there with the camera - sorry :-))
PS these blogs are being published at huge speed and I know there are a few spelling mistakes and typos - please forgive your roving farm correspondent - I will clean up the errors (or not) at a later date - Jx

No comments:

Post a Comment